Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The most uneventful year of my life.

Bye bye 2008.

I started 2008 in Kovalam beach beneath a sky full of spectacular fireworks, with frenzied crowd swaying to the ear-splitting music played in discos of the beach resorts.

Today, the year is ending with me writing a blog post in late lonely hours. So, what did I do in between?

Every weekday : Wake up, get fresh, get dressed, go to office, check mail, do your work, make some calls, have lunch, do some more work, have tea and cigarettes in break, finally shut down your system and go home. In home, before I got the internet: cook food, have dinner, have a smoke, call home, sleep. After I got internet and a cook : chat with friends, have dinner, call home, sleep.

Every Weekend : Wake up late, miss breakfast, have a late lunch, go for movie, shop at big bazar, have dinner, call home, chat in Gtalk, sleep. OR wake up late, miss breakfast, have a late lunch, shop at big bazar, buy vodka, drink vodka, get stoned and sleep.

Exceptions: The weekends when we go to Kovalam and have beer at Sea-Rock. The occasional strolls in small second hand book market of Palayam. The extended weekends when we go vacationing in the exotic Kerala tourist spots. The random long telephonic conversations that lasted till morning. The whirlwind visits to Kolkata.

Throughout the year, this is exactly what happened in my life. Regular, stable, peaceful stuff. And I am not happy. I desperately want the next year to be eventful.

3 comments:

Heathcliff said...

erokom e hoy...

March Hare said...

and here i thought you loved the stability. the lyadh.

Satraa said...

@march hare:

I happily realize that I am not that old yet :)